However, once you are done with the complete configuration of the same, using the router is just a few steps away. By setting your Netgear Router up, you can enjoy using your internet services seamlessly without any problems related to network connectivity. This article aims at letting users know the process of setting up the Router and logging into it using the online web portals www.routerlogin.net and www.routerlogin.com. Read on to find more.
Netgear routers are the number one choice for netizens looking to have super fast internet speeds and connectivity. They are often used by big media firms that have great internet requirements and cannot compromise on having agile systems with 24*7 connectivity to the cloud. Though setting a Netgear router up is an easy task, if you don not have knowledge of the complete steps, you can commit errors and it may take longer than usual to set things up in place.
Steps to Setup Your Netgear Router
- Plug the Ethernet cable at the rear end of your router and turn it on.
- Connect to internet over Wi-Fi. Open your web browser and then visit http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net
- After the login page appears, enter the default credentials like the username and the password. The default username and password in most of the cases is “admin” and “password” respectively. Also, these default credentials may vary according to the model of your Netgear Router. If you are not sure of the default credentials you can use the following combinations and see what works.
Username: admin; Password: admin
Username: admin; Password: password
Username: admin; Password: *leave the field blank*
- After your device logs in, visit the Internet option from the main menu.
- Now, go to the Setup Wizard to select New Connection and follow the Netgear Genie wizard to configure the router.
- If you see a message saying “PPPoE DSL Internet Connection Detected”, you’ll need to ask your internet service provider for the default credentials.
- After you have entered the same, and the router is configured, the status of your internet connection will turn GOOD.
- Once done, open the wireless section to configure your Wi-Fi network.
- Select an SSID of your choice for the network and also select a suitable password under the Security tab (WPA2-PSK).
- Once selected, go on to apply the changes and close the Netgear Wi-fi Router Setup Wizard window.
The final word
Using the above steps for logging in to your router and setup will definitely help you.